n Owner’s Representative is the designated official representative of the owner to achieve the end goals of the Owner:
- A project delivered in a manner that satisfies the intended purpose of the undertaking
- Total cost of the project to be what they were told it would cost
- Project to be built within the schedule agreed upon
- Materials and workmanship to be of the quality they anticipated and paid for
- The process to proceed in the manner that they expected
Unlike a design professional or general contractor whose fiduciary responsibility is to their employer, milestone is an extension of
the owner and solely represents the owner’s interests. An owner’s representative can be compared to an Orchestra Conductor. The client may have recruited an impressive group of soloists however, someone still needs to conduct the orchestra.